With two-parts education and one-part revolution, Wine Riot has reinvented “wine tasting” for the Millennial consumer through its entertaining and interactive wine events and is pleased to announce its 2018 schedule, which will include the addition of Atlanta and Austin to its multi-city schedule.
Designed for the thirsty and curious Millennial consumer, Wine Riot aims to change the often-intimidating nature of wine and wine tasting into an entertaining and educational experience, while also helping wine brands connect with this important consumer segment. Each Wine Riot event taps into the Millennial consumer’s sense of adventure and desire to try new things by providing opportunities to interact with wines from around the globe.
EDUCATION: Bubbles, Crash Courses and Siplomas
Education is important, and Wine Riot makes learning wine a lot of fun through a few key activities:
- Wine 101 interactive tastings focused on wine categories – Old World v. New World, Young v. Mature and Oaked v. Unoaked
- Crash Courses 20-minute seminars on a particular wine subject via a compare and contrast tasting
- Regional & Varietal Booth an interactive tasting tour through 10 key wine regions around the world, showing how terroir, climate and production impact flavor and wine characteristics
- The Bubble Bar a full-range of sparkling wine, including Cava, Prosecco, American Sparkling, Crémant, Rosé, Sekt and Champagne
- Siploma a trivia-style program that allows attendees to test their wine knowledge, earning points and advancing through three degrees (Rioter, Connoisseur and Junior Somm) with Siploma levels displayed on wine glasses like merit badges.
“Through Wine Riot, we want to create a new wine language and adventure for Millennials. At the same time, we want to be a catalyst for brands to connect with this important consumer segment through education, one-on-one engagement and a lot of fun,” said Richard Stoppard, CEO, Wine Riot.
EXPANDED SCHEDULE: 5 Cities
On the heels of a successful 2017, Wine Riot is expanding from its long-time Boston-Chicago-New York tour into two new markets: Atlanta, GA and Austin, TX. The 2018 schedule is as follows:
- Atlanta, GA – September 7 – 8, The Fairmont
- Austin, TX – September 28 – 29, Fair Market
- Boston, MA – November 16 – 17, The Castle at Park Plaza
- Chicago, IL – October 19 – 20, Revel Fulton Market
- New York, NY – November 2 – 3, ineBrooklyn Expo Center
For Tickets go to www.wineriot.com