As one of the world’s most popular steaks, it only seems fitting that National Filet Mignon Day is celebrated to the fullest with a perfectly seared filet mignon from STK Atlanta’s Executive Chef Andrea Montobbio. Whether he’s serving signature favorites or seasonal Southern-inspired dishes, he’s become known for serving the highest quality, innovative cuisine in the popular locale that artfully blends the modern steakhouse and chic lounge into one. Below are Chef Montobbio’s tricks of the trade on how to grill the perfect filet mignon in honor of National Filet Mignon Day, on Sunday, August 13, 2017.
- Do get good grades. Spring for USDA Prime or Certified Black Angus steaks. Choice-grade steak is a good and a less-expensive alternative.
- Do a warm-up. Take the steak out of the fridge about 20 minutes before grilling to bring it to room temperature. A cold steak won’t cook evenly.
- Don’t move. Let your steak develop a seared crust on the grill before moving or flipping over. Lifting the steak before it’s ready, will make the steak stick to the grates.
- Don’t overdo it. Go on the side of undercooking a steak rather than overcooking it. If the steak is too rare, place the steak back on the grill.
- Do let it rest. Once the steak is off the grill, wait at least 5 minutes before slicing. This gives the juices a chance to settle back into the meat.
For more information or to make a reservation, visit www.stkhouse.com or call 404-793-0144.
STK Atlanta is located at 1075 Peachtree Street midtown Atlanta in Midtown Atlanta on the corner of Peachtree and 12th Streets in the 12th & Midtown development.
Stay connected on Twitter and Instagram at @eatstk #stkatlanta.